Our director, Rebecca, is looking for help in managing the monthly workshops side of Pixelles’ activities. If you’ve been wanting to get involved with Pixelles in some way this is a great way to do it!
Please note that this is a volunteer position. However, taking breaks is okay if life suddenly becomes busy. No worries! We all have those periods in our lives.
Why need help?
It’s a lot of commitment to coordinate a workshop, all alone, once a month, for the entire year. In order to have the energy to make things better and expand the workshops beyond its current limits, Rebecca needs some help! You’ll be sharing the responsibilities with Rebecca and facilitating a workshop, on site, about every other month.
What’s it like to organize a workshop?
A typical cycle for organizing a workshop involves reserving a workshop teacher for a month in particular. Sometimes you can line up a few for several months. Then you communicate with the space and teacher to finalize a date. Afterwards, you get the workshop’s description and assets from the teacher which you then put up on the website. In the weeks leading up to the actual date, you’ll be managing registrations (including cancellations), answering questions via email, and promoting the workshop on social media. On the day of you’ll arrive at the venue about ~45 minutes early (6:15-ish) to set up tables, chairs, and be ready to check-in attendees. The workshop ends around 9. People are usually nice and help you put everything away :D. Repeat!
Workshop Coordinator Role
Any questions? Feel free to email Rebecca at email@example.com
You must be:
- Located in Montreal
- Comfortable communicating over Slack (or willing to learn)
- Able to move equipment (we have a toolbox for our borrowable laptops & gear)
Bonus points if you:
(don’t worry if you don’t fit all of these…)
- Have previously attended Pixelles workshops (or other events)
- Are somewhat bilingual
- Somewhat familiar with Eventbrite, WordPress, and Twitter/Facebook
- Have tinkered with game-making tools
- Identify as a woman, femme, genderqueer, or non-binary person
- Can be patient with people who cancel at the very last minute, just don’t show up, or miss information/reminders…
- Know our Safer Space Policy
As workshop coordinator, you will:
- Be in the venue space to facilitate the workshop during a weeknight (Mon-Thurs), once every other month, from 6-9pm
- Set up tables, chairs, and projector
- Manage logistics through email, Eventbrite and our website’s WordPress backend
- Promote the workshops via social media
- Help coordinate future workshops
- Ensure the workshop remains a safer space for those attending
Oops! We could not locate your form.