Identify as a woman? Interested in writing for video games? Trying to build a portfolio, but not sure where to start? The Pixelles Game Writing Group is for you!
The Writing Group is a self-directed learning program for aspiring games writers. We are now accepting applications from women who want to build community and explore the possibility of a career in game writing.
NO PROFESSIONAL WRITING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
At the end of this program’s six-month period, you will have produced five polished pieces of game-related writing in English under the guidance of your peers and professional writers.
What to expect:
- Twice-monthly meetings from January to May, on Sundays from 2 to 4:30 pm
(orientation meeting evening of Wednesday, November 30)
- A curriculum dedicated to exploring different forms of game writing
(interactive stories, cutscenes, etc.)
- Requirement to prepare writing submissions and critiques of others’ submissions for each meeting
- Feedback on work given in verbal form
- Critiques from experienced game industry professionals
- Online support between meetings
- Optional social events for the group
- Participation in a showcase-style event upon successful completion of the program
This program is for women-identified individuals who are available to dedicate time to developing their writing practice on an independent basis.
Applications are now closed for this session, but you can still join our Follow-Along program.