Interested in a career as a games writer? Trying to build a portfolio, but not sure where to start? The Pixelles Game Writing Incubator is for you!
We are now accepting applications from aspiring games writers who are interested in taking their careers to the next level. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! With the help of this program, you will prepare a strong game writing portfolio which will help you stand out in a competitive field.
At the end of a six-month period, you will have produced two polished pieces of game-related writing in English under the guidance of your peers and professional writers.
What to expect:
- Twice-monthly meetings for six months, every second and fourth Sunday of the month from 2 to 4 pm
- Each month dedicated to a different form of game writing (interactive stories, game design documents, etc.)
- Writing submissions and prepared critiques of others’ submissions required for each meeting
- Feedback on work given in verbal form
- Critiques from experienced industry professionals
- A mix-and-mingle meeting with game industry professionals upon successful completion of the incubator
This program is for women and woman-identified individuals who are available to dedicate time to developing their writing practice on an independent basis.
Please note that you must be based in or near Montreal to participate in this program.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are now closed. Thank you to all of our applicants and supporters!