This event has passed. Stay tuned to our twitter, facebook, or newsletter for more workshops!
Learn to make weird stuff in Unity with KO-OP Mode!
When: June 19th, 2014 @ 7:00 – 9:30pm
Where: Notman House, 51 Sherbrooke Ouest
Cost: FREE :D
This workshop is about empowering people who feel constrained by their lack of abilities. For example, programmers who feel like they need artists to make cool things, or artists who think they need programmers to make cool things, or even people who are neither of those who want to make cool things.
No experience in Unity or programming knowledge required. Everyone of all ages, genders, orientations, & skill levels are welcome to attend!
You’ll learn to:
- Make some kind of weird level in Sketchup
- Export your weird level and import it into Unity
- Import Ben Esposito’s first person drifter controller http://torahhorse.com/first-person-drifter-controller-for-unity3d
- Cover all the different properties of the controller
- Add some colliders to the level if necessary?
- And then assuming there’s more time:
- How to make cool ambience / set the mood using lighting, particles, music, post-processing?
1. Download & install Unity
2. Download & install Sketch Up! Make
3. Have a cookie :D