Identify as a woman? Interested in writing for video games? Trying to build a portfolio, but not sure where to start? The Pixelles Game Writing Group is for you!
The Writing Group is a self-directed learning program for aspiring game writers. We are now accepting applications from women based in or near Montréal who want to build community and explore the possibility of a career in game writing.
NO PROFESSIONAL WRITING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
At the end of this program’s six-month period, you will have produced five polished pieces of game-related writing in English under the guidance of your peers and professional writers.
What to expect:
- Twice-monthly meetings from December 2018 to May 2019, on Sundays from 2 to 4:30 pm
(an orientation meeting takes place on November 18th, 2018)
- A curriculum dedicated to exploring different forms of game writing
(interactive stories, cutscenes, etc.)
- Requirement to prepare writing submissions and critiques of others’ submissions for each meeting
- Feedback on work given in verbal form
- Critiques from experienced game industry professionals
- Online support between meetings
- Optional social events for the group
- Participation in a showcase-style event upon successful completion of the program (May 2019)
This program is for women-identified individuals who are available to dedicate time to developing their writing practice on an independent basis.
Applications are closed for this year’s program. However, you can sign up for our Follow-Along program in November!.