Identify as a woman? Interested in writing for video games? Trying to build a portfolio, but not sure where to start? The Pixelles Game Writing Group is for you!
The Writing Group is a self-directed learning program for aspiring game writers. We are now accepting applications from women who want to build community and explore the possibility of a career in game writing.
NO PROFESSIONAL WRITING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
At the end of this program’s six-month period, you will have produced five polished pieces of game-related writing in English under the guidance of your peers and professional writers.
What to expect:
- Twice-monthly meetings from December to May, on Sundays from 2 to 4:30 pm
(an orientation meeting takes place on November 18th, 2018)
- A curriculum dedicated to exploring different forms of game writing
(interactive stories, cutscenes, etc.)
- Requirement to prepare writing submissions and critiques of others’ submissions for each meeting
- Feedback on work given in verbal form
- Critiques from experienced game industry professionals
- Online support between meetings
- Optional social events for the group
- Participation in a showcase-style event upon successful completion of the program (May 2019)
This program is for women-identified individuals who are available to dedicate time to developing their writing practice on an independent basis. Please note that the in-person meetings take place in Montréal.
Deadline to apply: Sunday October 28th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.